Get the most out of your fitness regime. With the latest machines spanning a range of cardiovascular equipment, resistance machines, improved free weights and functional training area.
Ensure you gain maximum benefit from your workout.
Before exercising please see our Pre-Activity Questionnaire Form
Our fully qualified Personal Trainers are available to provide advice on workouts, nutrition and diet to help you achieve your health and fitness goals
Functional Training Area
The Functional Training Area adds a new dimension to your training. This purpose built, high intensity functional workout area includes bespoke flooring and a SYNRGY 360 system, which is the base for a range of HIIT, Core and Circuits classes within the gym.
There is also a variety of lifting racks, with olympic bars and a variety of plates to complement the existing free weights area in Activa. The FTA is also equipped with TRX bands, a range of kettlebells, jump boxes, battle ropes, punchbag, sledge and flipping tyres.
Gym Rules and Etiquette
- Equipment must be used correctly – please ask staff for assistance if required.
- Always ensure the treadmill has stopped before moving to another machine.
- Management have the right to refuse entry to the facility.
- Please maintain personal hygiene in the interests of other users.
- Please try to use mobile phones outside the fitness area when making call unless it’s for fitness and leisure purposes and in an emergency only.
- Limit time on machines during busy periods (20 minutes).
- Please put all equipment away after use. Do not lean weights or bars against walls or equipment.
- Refrain from using bad language and making loud noise.
- Please clean and wipe down equipment after use.
- Do not drop the weights from height Please dispose of any litter.
- Appropriate attire and footwear must be worn whilst using the gym.
- No personal belongings to be left unattended.
- Bags must be stored in lockers provided. No personal items to be left in lockers overnight.
- Please respect our staff and other member’s usage of equipment.
- Please report any equipment damage or personal injuries to a member of staff.
- Colchester Borough Council and Leisure World Colchester take no responsibility for theft or loss of personal belongings.