Designed to offer you flexibility and great value for money.
About our Gyms
Whether you want to tone up, build muscle strength or lose weight, there’s something for you at one of our state-of-the-art Active Gyms. Including cardiovascular and resistance training equipment, improved free weights and a functional training area.
Our fully qualified Personal Trainers are available to provide advice on workouts, nutrition and diet to help you achieve your health and fitness goals.Find Out More
Functional Training Area
The Functional Training Area adds a new dimension to your training.
This purpose built, high intensity functional workout area includes bespoke flooring and a SYNRGY 360 system, which is the base for a range of HIIT, Core and Circuits classes within the gym.
There is also a variety of lifting racks, with Olympic bars and a variety of plates to complement the existing free weights area in Activa. The FTA is also equipped with TRX bands, a range of kettlebells, jump boxes, battle ropes, punchbag, sledge and flipping tyres.
Teen Fit under the age of 16 years must have completed a £10 Teen First PT Induction before access to any fitness regime can take place.
Teen Fit are permitted to use: Resistance/Fixed Machines, Cardiovascular Machines (i.e. Treadmill, Bike, Cross Trainer and Rower), Functional Training Area. However they are NOT permitted to use (unless supervised): Any Free Weight equipment (Dumbbells, Barbells, Squat Rack/Platforms).
At all times the responsibility of the guardian is to ensure that any 13 to 15 year olds under their supervision, adhere to the rules and regulations to ensure the safety of themselves and others.
Age restrictions apply, please read our Terms & Conditions – Teen Fitness section, to see age restrictions.
Gym Rules and Etiquette
We all play apart in keeping your gym, clean, safe and enjoyable.
- Equipment must be used correctly – please ask staff for assistance if required.
- Always ensure the treadmill has stopped before moving to another machine.
- Management has the right to refuse entry to the facility.
- Please maintain personal hygiene in the interests of other users.
- Please try to use mobile phones outside the fitness area when making calls.
- Limit time on machines during busy periods (20 minutes).
- Please clean and wipe down equipment before putting it away after use. Do not lean equipment on walls or other equipment.
- Refrain from using bad language and making loud noise.
- Do not drop the weights from height Please dispose of any litter.
- Appropriate attire and footwear must be worn whilst using the gym.
- Please store belongings in the lockers provided, no items are to be left unattended or in lockers overnight. We take no responsibility for theft or loss of personal belongings.
- Please respect our staff and other member’s usage of equipment.
- Please report any equipment damage or personal injuries to a member of staff.
Join in one of our fun monthly challenges for the chance to win prizes! Speak to one of our friendly Gym Instructors on your next visit.
August Gym Challenge – Row The English Channel
Over the month row 34km. from England to France
- Record your time and distance
- Increase speed and distance each time
- When you reach 34km add up the time taken
Then world record is 3 hours 37 minutes
1 – 31 August
Click below to find out the opening times of each of our centres.Find Us
My Leisure Card
My Leisure Card makes it easier for you to use Leisure World. Not only will you have access to our online booking system, which allows you to make bookings seven days in advance, you also:
- Pay less for classes and activities
- Earn Loyalty Points
- Enjoy fast-track entry
- Get discounts & offers from our partners in Colchester
- My Leisure Card is free to all customers and is not a subscription.
Mywellness app by Technogym helps you to get the most out of the services of your club when you train both in the Gym and outdoor activities. You can download the Mywellness app for your smartphone (on both iPhone and Android devices) and use the app to log activity and sign into Technogym machines.Register Now